Saturday 30th August, 2014
Before Your Visit
We want everyone who comes to the World Owl Centre to enjoy their visit so please read the following information and guidelines before your visit.
The World Owl Centre is home to our birds so encourage children to respect that. Shouting, running around, poking things into the aviaries (including fingers!) and rattling on the wire will all distress our birds.
- While we are very proud of our centre there are some steps and slightly uneven paths around the centre, so please wear the appropriate footwear and do not allow children to run. Please also discourage children
from climbing on the barriers.
- The World Owl Centre is an outdoor attraction so children may need waterproofs and warm clothing or hats in the summer.
- The World Owl Trust is unable to provide a room to store bags, etc, so please do not bring more than you can carry.
- The Owl Garden provides a good place to have your sandwiches as it is sheltered and has grass to sit on as well as also picnic tables.
- Every day at 2.30pm we hold a ‘Meet the Birds’ Talk. You are very welcome to watch this and it is free of charge. It lasts about 30 minutes and gives the children the chance to see some of the birds a bit closer.
We also have a 'Mini Meet the Birds' at 12.30 each day for a chance to get up close to an owl and ask the Keepers any questions you may have. Please be aware that there will be general public at these talks.
- The Trust also offers the opportunity to have a group photo with an owl. This costs £5 per group for which you will receive an A4 photo memento of your visit. (Please note these photos are taken on a digital
camera and the image is deleted as soon as we have printed it. We do not store any images.)
||World Owl Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1107529
Limited Company Number: 5296745
The World Owl Trust is a member of the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA) and the European
Association of Zoos and Aquariums (EAZA). The Trust relies on a dedicated membership, visitors, donations and
Any comments, errors or problems please contact the